English to English
1. Of or pertaining to a porta, especially the porta of the liver; as, the portal vein, which enters the liver at the porta, and divides into capillaries after the manner of an artery.
2. a grand and imposing entrance (often extended metaphorically)
the portals of the cathedral|the portals of heaven|the portals of success
3. a site that the owner positions as an entrance to other sites on the internet
a portal typically has search engines and free email and chat rooms etc.
4. a short vein that carries blood into the liver
5. A door or gate; hence, a way of entrance or exit, especially one that is grand and imposing.
Indonesian to Indonesian
6. 1 pintu gerbang; gapura; 2 jalan (pintu) masuk ke dl tambang bawah tanah, terowongan, jembatan, dsb; 3 gang (beranda dsb) lebar di depan kamar-kamar dl rumah, gedung, dsb; 4 cak tonggak atau palang yg dipasang di ujung gang (jalan) untuk menghalangi masuknya kendaraan tertentu