3. any of various cultivars of the genus Brassica oleracea grown for their edible leaves or flowers
4. An esculent vegetable of many varieties, derived from the wild Brassica oleracea of Europe. The common cabbage has a compact head of leaves. The cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, etc., are sometimes classed as cabbages.
5. Cloth or clippings cabbaged or purloined by one who cuts out garments.
6. make off with belongings of others
7. To form a head like that the cabbage; as, to make lettuce cabbage.
8. To purloin or embezzle, as the pieces of cloth remaining after cutting out a garment; to pilfer.