English to English
1. capable of resuming original shape after stretching or compression; springy
an elastic band|a youthful and elastic walk
2. Springing back; having a power or inherent property of returning to the form from which a substance is bent, drawn, pressed, or twisted; springy; having the power of rebounding; as, a bow is elastic; the air is elastic; India rubber is elastic.
3. able to adjust readily to different conditions
an adaptable person|a flexible personality|an elastic clause in a contract
4. a narrow band of elastic rubber used to hold things (such as papers) together
5. a fabric made of yarns containing an elastic material
6. An elastic woven fabric, as a belt, braces or suspenders, etc., made in part of India rubber.