English to English
1. soft creamy candy
2. A made-up story; stuff; nonsense; humbug; -- often an exclamation of contempt.
3. A kind of soft candy composed of sugar or maple sugar, milk, and butter, and often chocolate or nuts, boiled and stirred to a proper consistency.
4. tamper, with the purpose of deception
Fudge the figures|cook the books|falsify the data
5. avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
He dodged the issue|she skirted the problem|They tend to evade their responsibilities|he evaded the questions skillfully
6. To make up; to devise; to contrive; to fabricate; as, he never did the experiment, and merely fudged the data.